Saturday, September 29, 2007

Buddhist Thought...

So I'm checking my bookmarked websites as usual this morning when I click on my goggle homepage. On my goggle homepage I have a module for the Buddhist thought of the day. So I click on today and here is what it says:

All the evil in the world, and all the unhappiness, comes from the I-concept.

I have always loathed how me-centric our society seems to be and I truly believe that the Buddhist have it right with their statement. I think if people starting caring more about the things and people around them more than we might all be a little happier. I've always said that if I did win the lottery I'd probably end up giving it all away (after paying off my bills and stuff of course).

Just something to ponder.

1 comment:

LD said...

It takes a village