Saturday, November 17, 2007

Time is on my side...

At least that's what the Rolling Stones sang about, back in the day.

Lately I feel like time has become that famous saying about jello... "It's like trying to nail jello to the wall". Time is elusive and shifting, at least that's how it seems. Maybe it's the lack of time lately. Maybe it's the fact that my mind has shifted into a weird alternate dimension. Either way I feel all out of sorts lately.

I think it started with the time change. That's when I noticed my mind only wanting to function when I'm unable to be near a computer or pen/paper to jot my thoughts down. My inner dialog seems to start at about 5am even though my body is trying desperately to keep sleeping. The dialog continues until about 4pm. By the time I'm home at roughly 6:30pm I feel like a zombie. My mind refuses to recall those witty and funny blog ideas I had been playing with all day.

Time is such an odd thing. Maybe it's all just a matter of relativity. One moment it seems like years have flown by in the blink of an eye and other times the clock never seems to move. I realized today that Husband has been entwined in my life for approximately 1/5 of the happenings. I'm sure as the years progress this fraction will continue to get weirder. I see my relationship with him in terms of inflation as well. To know that a particular meal I get at a certain restaurant has gone up exactly $.55 is bewildering to me. Especially because math has never been my strong subject.

I have this overwhelming urge to throw my watch into a river sometimes. I'm constantly obsessing over it and I hate the control it has over me. When I'm at job #1 I'm watching the clock trying to allot myself enough time to each task to be done in order to move onto job #2... while at job #2 I watch the clock refuse to move fast enough. My watch dictates when I eat and when I shop instead of allowing me the freedom to choose it on my own terms. When I fall asleep with my watch on it ticks inside my head reminding me of all the seconds I'm wasting. Don't even get me started on daylight savings time...

I personally blame the bank for making me obsess over numbers in ways I never thought possible before... I'm bored with being obsessed over numbers and time... it gets me nowhere.

And that's my random thought of the day. Maybe now I can stop obsessing.

No comments: