Saturday, January 10, 2009

Busy, busy...

I feel like I've been run over.
People think I'm lazy.
I'm not.
I'm just not good at being busy.
I hate it actually.
I like quiet time.
I miss it.

  • I've been selling old textbooks on Amazon. Which means I've been dealing with the post office. I wish there was a less headache-y/faster way to do it but... at least it'll ultimately (hopefully) be a little extra cash.
  • I went to a volunteer orientation this morning for the TSPCA. Now the anxiety of actually volunteering has set in. I'm proud that I went. I tried really hard to talk myself out of it. At some point though I have to stop being so afraid to live my life. This is a step in the right direction, I hope.
  • I started learning to sew today as well thanks to the wonderful (read: patient) Amy. If my new sewing machine wasn't possessed it would be going better. The bad thing is that when Husband took me to Hobby Lobby to buy some thread he needed I found myself wandering off to ogle all the pretty fabric and fantasize about what I could make with it. I'm so becoming my mother.
  • My college roommate moved back to town. I've missed her terribly. Maybe now I'll be a little less of a hermit.
  • I've been dealing with insurance screw ups. God bless doctors, they just aren't too smart.
  • I've been trying to give my worthless crap away. Freecycle was too much of a headache (read: full of flaky ass people) so instead I waited for a charity to call. They really weren't much better.
  • I finally gathered up all my old plastic bags and took them for recycling. It only took me 6 months.
  • I've been trying to be better about actually reading books instead of just buying them. Easier said then done when you spend 4 hours sitting in a Barnes and Noble catching up with old friends.
  • Somehow I stopped taking my vitamins. I don't remember deciding to stop taking them, I guess I just stopped making time to take them. So now my body is revolting. I'm not entirely sure I'll make it out of bed tomorrow. Ugh.
  • I really need to finish a scarf I started as a birthday present for a friend. Her birthday was last month and I'm maybe a quarter of the way through.
I'm just tired.

No comments: