Monday, September 24, 2007

Fall

This entry was originally posted elsewhere. However, it's early and this is really all that's been on my mind lately. Enjoy!

I am ready for Fall.

I'm ready for turtle necks and layers.

I'm ready for days and nights not filled with excessive heat.

I'm ready for Husband to sleep under the down comforter without the AC freezing me out.

I'm ready for the soft hum of our heater.

I'm ready for soft sweaters and Husband's hoodies.

I'm ready to buy hot beverages from Starbucks without getting weird looks.

I'm ready for colorful scars and fuzzy hats.

I'm ready for the steady crunch of leaves underneath my shoes.

I'm ready to snuggle with Husband underneath a fleece blanket on the couch.

I'm ready for steaming hot baths that fog up my bathroom window.

I'm ready for the exhilaration that comes with the sharp blast of icy wind.

I'm ready for sunny days with cool breezes.

I'm just ready.

No comments: