Wednesday, September 26, 2007

On the subject of health...

I went to the doctor last week for arm weakness/numbness... They ran the standard blood/urine tests to make sure there wasn't anything fundamentally wrong as well as set up an appointment with a neurologist next month to check for pinched nerves.

I got the results of the tests in today and I'm a little surprised how healthy I am. My cholesterol is really healthy as is my blood sugar and to top it off no signs of anemia (something I had always been concerned about). So I'm happy. I know I could eat better and probably actually exercise but at least for now all health crises have been averted.

Husband's health is also doing really well. His last check-up showed that he has finally gotten his blood sugar down to a normal level so instead of going back in 3 months he gets to put it off for 6 months. Now if only we could start being more motivated to cook every night...

Monday I had to take one of the dogs to the vet because she hurt her paw. Or rather, she licked it obsessively and caused it start oozing and what-not... It was not pleasant but it reminded me how much I love our vet.

Pinched nerves aside... all is well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(I have to remember to bookmark this page.)

I'm glad to hear that your health is good. I have an appointment at the headache clinic today. I'm not optimistic that they will tell me anything I don't already know. I need a magic pill for migraines... and sleep... and...

And I hope all of your dogs are doing well, too. Oh, and hubby, too!

Suz said...

If you are having numbness I go to a wonderful chiropractor that doesn't pop and she will tell you about everything. She doesn't prescribe meds and is doing the whole health like de tox. She is young and you would love her. She is at 46th and peoria behind the new little restaurant there at the front. It is Restored Health and Wellness. She had taken care of sinus, pinched nerves and gotten me back to health from a fall down the stairs I had. She will work out a payment plan, if your insurance won't cover which it probably won't. Her Name is Crystal Lewis.