Saturday, October 6, 2007

My Zen moment...

I was walking into the house from grabbing the mail when I felt a raindrop on my arm.
I had this compulsion to go and sit on the back porch.
It felt like every nerve in my body was on fire with a million sensations.
I closed my eyes.
That's when the dizziness hit.
I felt dizzy with emotion.
Dizzy with sound.
Dizzy with sensation.
The air around me felt electric.
Suddenly I was very aware of everything around me.
The lawn mower next door.
The way the wind moved my hair.
The subtle sounds a tree makes as the wind whips through it.
For the first time in my life I felt like I could explain how everything is connected.
Nothing else mattered besides being in that moment.
My heart stopped racing.
My mind felt calmer then it ever has.
I almost forgot to breath it was so surreal.

If I could bottle everything I felt in that single moment...

2 comments:

Turner said...

wow... it must have sucked wrenching yourself away from that sensation.

whatever it is you're on, I want some.

Suz said...

Me too! So what was it? Electricity in the air? The raindrop? Don't go into the light.