Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Sensationalism at it's finest...

We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves. - Buddha


I try to avoid the news when I can help it. I don't like to surround myself with all that negativity and sensationalism. However, sometimes you just can't help it. I read through the headlines on yahoo and msn daily just to keep me up with the vague happenings of the world. Then I ran across this and well it just makes me pause to figure out how I really feel.

I feel sorry for those poor boys more than anything. I think Britney Spears has lost her ever loving mind and it's tragic. Although I have a sneaking suspicion if I were famous they would question my sanity as well. You have to wonder if this would have ever happened if the media could just respect privacy. I just feel sorry for the people involved in this whole tragic mess.

I wish we as a society could reshape the values of the media. I'm tired of feeling depressed and dumber for having read/watched/heard about all of this.

2 comments:

Fictionista said...

I think it's justified for certain, with or without the media hype. I'm related to a Britney-Spears-Without-the-Fame and came thisclose to snatching her son from her when times were at their worst.

LD said...

Unfortunately the media machine is fed by we the capitalistic people. And the warped values have not been countered by something equally as strong and appealing.