Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful...

Thanksgiving, to me, has always been about unlimited mashed potatoes and cheesecake. This year there was no cheesecake so other things had to be considered. It was a busy day and now I'm tired. However, as with most holidays I'm feeling a bit nostalgic.

-Family is a complicated thing. I don't mean that in a negative way. I mostly mean that anytime you put a semi-large group of people in a room things are bound to happen. Distance, time and differences of opinion are always dangerous. Cryptic I know. It doesn't really matter though, above all else... I'm thankful for them.

-I didn't mind working today at the vet clinic. This time last year, working at DTV, I was distressed. I may be tired and worn out but it's a small improvement. I'm thankful to have at least a small portion of my professional life happy.

-I forget sometimes how wonderful my Husband can be. I think I take him for granted. However, when push comes to shove... he's the reason I get through "those" days. You know what I mean...

-The weather has finally turned to fall. It turned dramatically and caught everyone off guard but I'm thankful I can finally use my scars and sweaters.

-It's nice to come home to unbounded happiness. They may be loud and underfoot most of the time but the uncomplicated love they provide melts away the stress. I love the wet noses and barking more then I could ever love a material thing.

With all the chaos in day to day life it's hard to remember all the reasons you should be thankful. I know that lately I've taken a lot of things for granted but when you face how fragile everything really is... it makes you take pause.

The ability to focus on the positives and blur the negatives is something I want to strive for... everyday. Not just today.

No comments: