Sunday, March 16, 2008

Give me Novacaine...

"Take away the sensation inside
Bitter sweet migraine in my head
Its like a throbbing tooth ache of the mind
I can't take this feeling anymore"

Right now I hate my job. I hate that I allow myself to be treated like crap. I hate that I bend over backwards for absolutely nothing. I loathe the fact that the management in place doesn't get it.


"Drain the pressure from the swelling,
The sensations overwhelming,
Give me a kiss goodnight and everything will be alright
Tell me that I won't feel a thing
So give me Novacaine"

I tried to be a good employee. I tried to be accommodating. It didn't exactly work.

"Out of body and out of mind
Kiss the demons out of my dreams
I get the funny feeling, that’s alright
Jimmy says it's better than air,
I’ll tell you why"

Last week I barely slept. I was up all night tossing and turning while Husband snored happily next to me. I worry. I always do. Maybe I don't worry enough. I don't exactly have a backup plan.

"Drain the pressure from the swelling,
The sensations overwhelming,
Give me a kiss goodnight and everything will be alright,
Tell me that I won't feel a thing,
So give me Novacaine"

We have no health insurance. I'm going back back to part-time. It's not exactly how I planned it. I feel overwhelmed as the abyss of my professional life spreads out in front of me.

"Oh Novacaine"

I feel at best that I'm a complete failure. I had a grand plan when I was younger. I'm not entirely sure what happened.

"Drain the pressure from the swelling,
The sensations overwhelming
Give me a kiss goodnight and everything will be alright,
Tell me Jimmy I won't feel a thing,
So give me Novacaine"

At best I need a professional miracle.

Give Me Novicane - Green Day

No comments: