Saturday, May 31, 2008

Saturday musings...

Wednesday prompted a very strange series of events for me. I went out for a girl's night with Amy and some of her friends. Despite the fact that I was sorta the odd man out I had a good time. I spent more time laughing and talking then wondering what to say. Normally that type of situation would have sent me into panic mode but it didn't this time which was surprising. I realized that I miss having girl time. I miss spending time with friends and just being silly. Most of the time that I do see my closest friends it's been such a long time that all we do is catch up instead of really enjoying each other's company.

Thursday I decided to finally go through a box of stuff I found underneath our bed. It was filled to the brim with letters/postcards/newpaper clipings... all kinds of random things. I found what I think used to be receipts but were so degraded that they just looked like blank pieces of paper. I found old journals I kept during my travels overseas. Seeing all the letters from long lost friends, the journal entries about boys I met while traveling. It felt a little overwhelming. Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to try and stalk these people on Facebook. After I found 3 girls I met about 10 years ago through Girl Scouts and 2 other people I met through an International Camp about 12 years ago I grew tired of stalking. I sent out invites kinda afraid they wouldn't remember me. Miraculously though they remembered me and seemed genuinly happy to be back in contact. It was really kinda neat. And to think I didn't even want a Facebook account...

Husband and I went out for dinner tonight. An ex-co-worker from the bank also works at Chili's on the weekends. She called last night to let me know she was working that way we could meet up. It was so lovely to see her again. Since she was working a pretty small section and it wasn't too busy we got to chat for quite some time.

Now there's the small problem(s) that the oil pump on my car might be bad and that the radiator on Husband's vehical is cracked. blah, blah, blah

Oh and not to mention that one or more of my dogs is possibly leaking fluid from their private parts.

And let us not forget, Husband now thinks we need to get a gun and keep it in the house. Obviously he doesn't know me well enough if he thinks that's a good idea.

That's all for now.

No comments: