Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Going Cold Turkey...

Two nights ago while having a discussion with Husband I said the worst thing possible: "I could totally give up Starbucks if I had to." Obviously I didn't know the depths of my addiction. But if giving up my grande chai latte with whip fix means that we could be better off financially I'll willing to make the sacrifice.

Last night we had dinner with our friends K&N at this really snazzy authentic mexican restaurant. As we were leaving I was surprised at how overwhelming the desire to scream, "Let's go get Starbucks!!!" was. I didn't though. At least I have *some* self-control.

Today I went to the grocery store with my b.i.l. for some supplies for dinner tonight (Husband is driving my car until he can get his vehicle situation straightened out which means I'm stranded at home). While we were there I decided to go down the tea/coffee isle and just see what they had to offer in the way of surpressing my intense Starbucks craving. I picked up a carton of Tazo's organic chai latte mix and some milk. (They were out of my brand of milk thanks to the poweroutages from Monday's storm, but I'm not bitter) Anywho long story short I made a nice cup when I got home and... I'm actually happier with what I made then what I usually get from Starbucks. Surprise!

Nutritionally I'm also better off because my version has a *lot* less sugar then the Starbucks version. Plus I have to limit myself to a smaller portion because frankly I don't have coffee mugs that's big. So maybe, just maybe this might be easier then I had planned.

No comments: