Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Adventures of...

Liberal Dog-Loving Girl stuck in Conservative Cat Hell

or Week 2 of Karen's employment

Why Karen doesn't fit in at her new job:
  1. I adore dogs and have a tendency to think cats are really satan's spawn sent here to do his bidding.
  2. I'm liberal and don't go to church.
  3. I hated The Dark Knight but couldn't shut up about my excitement for the X-Files.
  4. I don't say things like "gosh, darn, heck, and potty". Comparatively I swear like a mother f-ing sailor.
  5. I don't have a myspace page.
  6. I shop at Whole Foods and I'm a vegetarian... that apparently makes me a hippie and they say that like it's a dirty word.
  7. I'm not on a diet.
Don't get me wrong though, I don't hate it. I'm just frustrated. Most of the time when left to my own devices I have no idea what to do. I try to look busy/important but that is more tiring then if I actually had something to do. I've seen some really interesting procedures and have been exposed to some really fascinating things... but so far there's just something missing. I'm hoping in time things become more clear and I don't feel so... antsy. One day in particular I was about to crawl out of my skin I was so bored because there was nothing for me to do. Most people would love to be paid for doing nothing but... I don't know.

In other non-job related news:

The great Netflix war of '08 has been resolved. Thank god for separate profiles.

I just discovered Pandora radio. Are you freaking kidding me? Fantastic!

My brother-in-law took in some strays a little while back. He's having a problem getting a rescue group to take them... Anyone know someone who wants a cute freaking dog... or two?

Anywho stay tuned for the next installment of L.D.L girl... lol

1 comment:

ChandraJoy said...

I know your probably NOT looking for optimism, but working at a cat clinic could really look good on resume when the job at the RIGHT vet clinic does open up....

Seriously though, I love cats and probably would want to kill the type of people who probably work at cat clinics. Your description made me shudder. I hope it gets more tolerable.