Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I've had enough...

I don't deal with stress very well. I really don't deal well with drama. I have a tendency to either shut down completely or go into hyper-controlling micro-managing mode. This time it was the later. The breaking point this time would be Husband's family.

Dealing with them makes me miss my family. My family is for the most part laid-back. They don't harass me about my life, they don't butt in, and we are honest about our feelings to fault (i.e. someone is usually mad/upset at someone else because of a perceived injustice lol). I've tried very hard over the years to be friendly, forgiving and kind (to a fault) with his family. Sometimes though I just can't deal with them. One of his sisters is apparently going to be married in the next few months. We had dinner with his family to meet her fiance. He quite honestly looks like he crawled out from under the trailer... you know the kind of guy who would beat his wife. It wasn't a pleasant evening.

They made his youngest brother take their semi-paralyzed doxie because they are getting new carpets. They told him that if he didn't take the dog they would put him to sleep. I hate seeing his brother cry. I wanted to punch them for that.

I hate that I can't say anything to anyone in his family without it causing drama. It's not their business to call people when it doesn't concern them. If I want to deal with something I will, I do not need their help.

Husband's mother will ask everyone but me want she should make for dinner so that I'll have something to eat. I understand that I seem to be the only vegetarian she has ever met but since she's known me for over 5 years you would think she would kinda figure it out. I wouldn't mind if she called to ask. I don't try to be a burden, I eat what they have, I don't know why it has to be such a big deal.

I've just had my fill of crazy for the time being.

I'm supposed to be going back for a "working" 2nd interview with the company I mentioned in the previous blog. I just don't know what to make of the people. I'm not sure if I'm the only one they asked back or if I am... if it's a good thing. The lady was so vague on the phone saying everything from "we think you'd fit in so perfectly" to "we just need to know if you're really going to like it" or "we need to measure your skill level." Talk about mixed signals. So I suppose I'll go for a few hours Thursday and just play it by ear.

My dog, "itchy-butt", really isn't doing well. I've been told before that she's simply allergic to fleas and that's why she scratches/bites/tears at herself. The problem is I feel like we've tried everything to help her. I've used every topical flea treatment I can get my hands on (Advantage, Advantix, Frontline, Adams, etc...) I bathe her with medicated shampoo, we even got the seed granduals to try and treat the yard with... It's just feels like nothing works. She has virtually no hair on her butt/tail region anymore and has scrabs/sores all over the place. I have no idea what to do. It makes me feel like a terrible owner. meh.

I can't wait till Netflix offers the profiles again (not like I've used them but I've heard they help keep the peace). I thought Husband and I could agree on almost anything but there's a small precentage of movies that we nearly go to war over. lol

If I ever have to deal with transferring car titles again... it will be too soon. City workers can be so damned mean. But on the bright side my new driver's license turned out really nice.

I'm just tired and stressed out. Need vacation.
(and if you actually made it through this entire rant... I'll buy you a cookie)

2 comments:

ChandraJoy said...

I was leaving a comment, but I figured a message on Facebook to be a bit more private might be better! Heading that way now.....

Turner said...

Owe ME a cookie? sounds like I should send you a whole box!

If I could find the time, I'd come out and visit, but maybe yo two should think about a weekend getaway to San Antonio or something?