Tuesday, September 16, 2008

When Husbands Attack...


Setting: The Kitchen
Characters: Husband and myself:
Time: Dinner

So there we are cooking a lovely dinner. Chatting about our respective days. The next thing I know hot oil is flying and my hand feels like it's on fire.

When Husband went to put a new piece of meat in the oil (which I was manning) he wasn't exactly careful and in turn sloshed hot oil out of the pan and onto my hand.

I in-turn scream bloody murder and rush to shove my hand under some cold tap water. He apologizes profusely and at some point I burst into tears. 3 ibuprofen and a crap load of aloe vera later and I sort of feel better.

I now have a huge red splotch right about my wrist, a red splotch around my pinkie finger as well as a small blister. Hot water still makes me scream in agony but I think I might survive.

I just won't cook dinner again anytime soon...

teehee

No comments: