Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My iPOD is in control of this blog. You have been warned.

-You Look So Fine - Garbage
--I adored Shirley Manson back in the day. I remember wanting to be her. I remember singing Stupid Girl at the top of my lungs when I thought nobody was listening. Now she's on the Sarah Conner Chronicles and I'm not entirely sure if time has been *that* cruel to her or her character is supposed to look like that... either way, ew. It's disappointing really. Go back to your grunge girl ways, please?

-Gimmie! Gimmie! Gimmie! - A*Teens
--I was in Finland the summer they came out. They were, it seemed, a huge success. At least as far as I could tell from watching Mtv Europe. Then I came back to the states and nobody had a clue who they were. Sad really. I liked their take on classic Abba songs, kinda techno-rific but fun either way. Husband is embarassed I still listen to the CD, but it reminds me of that summer and I like to remember that part of my life.

-True - Ryan Cabrera
--This is one of those horribly sappy love songs that makes me think of Husband. I love love songs. I'm a sucker. I still believe in fairy tales even if my Prince Charming still thinks farting is hysterical at the rip age of 27. Although I will confess that at one point Ryan Cabrera's hair scared me but I still like him better then Pete Wentz. (And I'm almost embarassed to admit that this CD was in my car for well over 3 months on constant replay...)

-My Happy Ending - Avril Lavigne
--For the most part I hate her. Honest. (Sum 41 also lost some of respect when Deryck married her but that's another blog...) But there's just something about this song. I think it makes me think of every ex-boyfriend I had and appreciate the fact that I finally found my happy ending so much more.

-Angel (acoustic) - Better Than Ezra
--*love*love*love* I remember when we saw them in concert at OSU and the school paper actually referred to them as One Hit Wonders... I still get offended about that, and that was 6 years ago... I just think they are horribly under-appreciated. Besides any band that can make their acoustic sets sound better then their digitally enhanced stuff... well let's just say I'm a lifetime groupie.

-Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
--I now have the overwhelming urge to trap Husband in the car and blare Queen and The Beatles. He *will* be converted. Even if it kills me.

-I Love The Way You Love Me - John Michael Montgomery
--Again I'm a love song sucker. But I also am a country lover in disguise. I was in love with Garth Brooks for the longest time when I was younger... until I found out he was balding. There is a good chance though that I would sell a kidney to see him in concert.

-Untitled - Better Than Ezra
--I bought books. I bought a lot of books. I have extreme guilt now. I haven't made the hugest dent in my unread pile but it's totally B&N's fault. Plus Husband wasn't exactly helpful either. Our membership was going to expire and they offered me 3 15% off coupons for renewing. What's a girl to do? We made two online orders and one in store purchase. But in my defense I'm only up to purchasing 4 books since I banned myself from buying anymore. A phenomenal achievment if you really know me. (I have no self-control) (and yes I realize this has nothing to do with this song but I had to confess)

-Wild One - Faith Hill
--I swear at some point a family member compared me to the girl in this song. Although I'm not terribly sure how "wild" I am. I called my parents the night before I pierced my eyebrow asking if they would disown me for doing it. I was 18 but deathly afraid they would be disappointed with me. It took me over a year to finally confess that I had gotten a tattoo, even though everyone already knew apparently.

-Cruel To Be Kind - Letters to Cleo
--What happened to this band? I adored them. I love that Husband will sing along to their songs. This song always makes me think of 10 Things I Hate About You. And makes me laugh that millions of teenagers secretly watched a movie based on a Shakespearian play and had no idea. mwahaha

I have other things I want to blog about but... you know how that goes.

No comments: