Saturday, November 1, 2008

Getting back into alignment...

I saw Suz's chiropractor yesterday for a consult.
Lately I've been feeling like my body is revolting against me (the chronic headaches, blurry vision, numbness and just out right pain) and figured it was about time to do something about it.
The thing you have to understand is... I don't like doctors in general. I really don't like chiropractors. So out of fear of seeming silly/whiny/paranoid/etc... I haven't done anything about my health lately. I kept talking about it but was always too afraid to put anything in motion.
I realized though it was time to put on my "big-girl panties" and just deal before it gets worse.
So I'm dealing.
My actual first alignment will be Monday after work.
She seemed very optimistic that because of how young I am we could nip this thing in the butt and fairly quickly. She does a different kind of chiropractic care called NUCCA:

"As opposed to traditional chiropractors, who make forceful adjustments to the entire spinal column, NUCCA chiropractors focus on very specifically and gently adjusting the Atlas vertebrae bringing it back to its proper position. The Atlas, or the topmost bone in the spine is located directly below the brain stem. The Atlas is also known as C-1. The adjustment performed by a trained NUCCA chiropractor will make a positive change to the entire spine. This is why a chiropractor using the NUCCA system of spinal correction can help someone even if their pain is located in the lower back. An important point to remember is the NUCCA adjustment removes interference to the normal function of the nervous system. Normal performance of the patient's nervous system is vital to the body's ability to self-heal. Self-healing is occurring all the time in a healthy human body which is free from nerve interference. If this function is compromised as would be the case with an Atlas misalignment then the body will begin to manifest pain and ill health.

I also like the fact that she is into holistic health and provides tons of information/lectures/classes to help you heal. I dig that she isn't into just throwing pain pills at you and recommending you come 2-3 times weekly.
Husband came along for the consult and I think it made him feel more at ease. I think he'll be excited when he no longer has to rub my back or listen to me complain because he won't rub my back.
Only time will tell but for right now... I'm excited.

No comments: