Monday, November 17, 2008

WWIII...

She looks sweet enough right?

The facts as I know them:
Husband gets out of bed.
I assume it's because the alarm is about to go off and it's time to get up.
He flips on the kitchen lights.
Lots of cussing/yelling and banging can be heard from that general direction.
I sit up, totally disoriented because it's only 3 and not 5:30.
Husband calls Sabrina into the house.
Sabrina starts her doggy war cry and massive amounts of noise start coming from that general direction.
Suddenly the noise comes to where I am and the lights are flipped on.
I start screaming.
Husband is yelling for Sabrina to get the mouse.
Lots of banging.
Something starts to scream bloody murder.
I hear Husband try to wrestle it from Sabrina.
Husband goes outside where remarks of "good dog" can be heard.
I start sobbing because the light is on and I have no idea nor do I want to know what the hell just happened.
He crawls back in bed.

Apparently some mutant rat/mouse thing found its way into the house... It was also apparently 1/4 the size of the dog trying to kill it. I asked for no more details.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

Dachshunds are the BEST mousers in the world. I would take a weenie dog over a cat (when it comes to rodent hunting) any day!

Turner said...

Agreed - Dachhunds were bred to fight and dig out animals like badgers (who are meaner than snake piss)... hence their long, small shape and long tail (which the owners would grab ahold of to pull out the doggies).

Sabrina deserves an extra doggie treat tonight... so does husband for making that quick decision.