Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Moving foward...

Resolutions are over-rated.
I thought about making a list.
I even started writing it.
Then I got bored.

I realize that every new year is in theory a chance to start over. However, doesn't every single day give you the same opportunity? I know I won't wake up tomorrow and suddenly be a better/happier person. I can't suddenly stop bad habits or mold my personality to be something new. Change takes time.

Sure, I would like to be different. But that doesn't mean I can make myself be a morning person. I consider it a victory if I can wake up and turn off the alarm clock without cussing. I won't wake up in the morning and suddenly change my life. I know this so I take the small victories that signal in some small way that I'm making an effort to be different.

I booked a flight to see the west coast even though the idea terrifies me.
I've filled out an application to volunteer with my local SPCA and am working up the courage to attend an orientation a week from Saturday.
I've started meeting with a chiropractor to work through my back pain.
I've started taking vitamins on an almost consistent basis.

These are the things that give me hope. So tomorrow will be another day. Another chance to get it right.

No comments: