Sunday, March 15, 2009

West Coast, yo... part 2

(Flight from San Jose to Seattle)

(Seattle by night from the Space Needle)
The first night that I was in Seattle Lauri and I decided to go to the Space Needle. Now I'm terrified of heights, so you can imagine this went over really well. We purchased a combo ticket that allowed us to a night viewing as well as a day viewing within a 24 hour time period. The elevator ride up was horrifying. We walked around the inside of the observation deck first while I worked up my nerve. As soon as we walked outside though I freaked. I immediately flattened myself against the wall because I didn't know the floor would be slanted and it scared me half to death. Eventually though I pried myself away from the wall and we were able to walk around. The ride down was equally horrifying and I couldn't muster up any questions to ask our "guide" because I was too busy seeing my life flash before my eyes.
(You can see the rain "trying" to start but we lucked out with such a glorious day)
The day viewing wasn't quite as horrifying, mostly because I was a little better prepared. Scared of heights or not though this was such a beautiful view.
After the Space Needle we ventured to The Pacific Science Center which was probably my 2nd favorite thing. This is me being a nerd. The dinosaurs were animated and it scared the bejebus out of me the first time they moved. Again I'm a total nerd.
The bathrooms at the PSC were hysterical. Who knew bodily functions could be quite so interesting?
Later that night at the EMP... Me, again, being a total nerd at EMP (Experience Music Project). The EMP/SFM (Science Fiction Museum) was pretty interesting. We managed to go on a night that they were doing free admission. I'm not how I would have felt about the experience had I had to pay for it. Mostly because I got told to stop taking pictures. Jerks. Although I do love you Seattle, mostly because you gave us Kurt Cobain and grunge... my 14 y/o self thanks you profusly.
This is the next day... from the Seattle Aquarium. My experience was completely affected by the massive amounts of screaming/hysterical kids completely dominating every exhibit. No offense to the aquarium itself.
Pike Place Market, aka where Karen died and went to heaven! I spent the entire day Friday bouncing between PPM and the Aquarium. It was glorious weather so I couldn't have picked a better day to do outdoors type stuff.
No I didn't see them throw any fish... I couldn't take the smell or the huge crowds of people hanging around to see them throw fish. I was hoping I'd just get lucky but alas it wasn't to be. If I wasn't so horrified of fish this would have been far more fascinating I'm sure.
Why can't Tulsa have anything half as beautiful as this? Looking at all the beautiful/reasonably priced produce made me want to learn to cook... *sigh*
The original Starbucks! Woohoo! I had one goal in Seattle and this was it. I ordered my beverage and it was delicious. I realize I'm a total nerd, trust me. As a side note: Poor Lauri. I couldn't find the place for the life of me so she patiently kept texting me directions till my poor lost self found it. *Much love*
Our tour guide from the Seattle Underground Tour. It was interesting. Not your typical touristy thing, I don't think, but the history of Seattle is very...bizzare. I didn't get any really good pictures because my camera battery was dying and the lighting (as you can imagine) was terrible!
I also succeeded in making it to Trader Joe's. I want one in Tulsa soooo badly. I bought 3 bottles of their $2 Chuck, which did make it home successfully.
Me and Lauri! Aren't we just so cute and stuff?
The sky on my way home...

Words can't express what a great/wonderful/amazing time I had. Thank you a million times to Lauri for putting up with me and going along on all the touristy stuff I wanted to do... I must confess though I am happy to be home...

No comments: