Monday, March 23, 2009

When it rains...

...it pours.

I've been trying to look on the bright side of things for a while. It's not working. My whole existence seems to be on the dark & stormy side lately.

The recap:
I broke out in an allergic reaction Thursday evening. Went to an urgent care where they gave me prednisone and told me to take some Zyrtec.
Cleared up overnight. Broke out again the next evening. Went back to urgent care where they gave me an IV solution of Benedryl, Pepcid and something else. They also told me to up my dose of Prednisone.
Saturday morning, my hands swell and become painful. Husband calls urgent care, again, where they inform him they've done all they can and now I'll have to go to the ER. The hives started breaking out again that evening so we proceed to ER. At the ER they give me an injection of Benedryl, Xantec and a different prescription for Prednisone. I have to take 2 Benedryl every 6 hours and Xantec twice a day. They tell me to see an allergist.

Husband tries to call several allergist today. He gets me an appointment for next Monday and says I have to stop Benedryl 4 days prior to the visit. I ask him about the other meds. He didn't think to ask. I call back. They inform me I have to finish my Prednisone before they can see me. That pushes my visit back to the 14th. I ask what I'm supposed to do if I break out again between the time I'm off the meds and when I go in... they say sorry...

Add to that:
One of my dogs is having issues getting around...
Husband's car died, it needs a new fuel pump which will cost $900.
We have to pay taxes which are around $1,000.

I just want to crawl in bed...

1 comment:

Suz said...

Oh damn! I'm so sorry you are having so much trouble. Have you looked at the news to see what pollens are high. I think the tree pollens are through the roof right now. Damn doctors. Have you called Dr. Chrystal? I don't know that she could help but she knows about allergies and things. Have you eaten anything different? It sounds like you are getting into something new.