Saturday, May 2, 2009

Happy feet...

I hate shopping. More importantly I hate spending money on myself. I have no problem buying Husband new sneakers every 6 months. Myself? The shoes on the left there have been around, I'm fairly certain, since before I was married. (For anyone counting, that is fast approaching 5 years...) I've spent weeks debating about buying myself new shoes.
Agonizing really.
That was until we went out for a family walk last weekend.

We loaded up our furry children and proceeded to walk something like 5 miles down Riverside. That's when I realized I desperately needed new shoes. Since I'm fairly certain the words, "we should do this more often" escaped my lips before my brain registered the agonizing pain in my feet.

So tonight Husband and I ventured forth to find new shoes. I tried on ridiculously expensive shoes that made my feet ache, I tried on ones made by Dr. Scholls that looked like old school Reebok wannabes, and I finally found the one. I think my feet will appreciate me. At least they better since I swooned a little at the register.

No comments: