Sunday, May 3, 2009

Detoxing my life...

(This image stolen shamelessly from Amazon)

Forget jewelry, sweets or flowers... This is what *this* girl really wants!

My new juicer:
Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite 1000-Watt Juice Extractor

It features:
1000-watt juicer with 2 speed controls, high (13,000 RPM) and low (6,500 RPM)
Die-cast steel housing; stainless-steel micromesh filter; titanium-plated cutting disk
Circular 3-inch feed tube accommodates whole fruits and vegetables
Pulp container, juicing pitcher, and manual/recipe book included; dishwasher-safe parts

I've been reading The Raw Food Detox Diet by Natalia Rose and I've become inspired. (Yes I realize that I weigh something like 2 pounds and don't need to diet. I didn't buy it for the diet part thank you very much.) She did a blog awhile back for Kris Carr's blog/wellness living community and I found myself musing that these people might just be onto something... So I started doing some research which has lead me to this point... Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my anniversary juicer.

I have rededicated myself to total vegetarianism and I'm attempting to cut back on the amount of dairy I ingest. Being a semi-vegetarian for 12+ years (no fish, no red meat and very little pork) it's hard to let go of the convenience that eating chicken has given me in both my marriage and eating out scenarios. I'm starting to remember the frustration that involves any eating out and why I always caved. So I sit trying to plot out some type of grocery store plan/invasion tactic that will work for both myself and Husband. (I'm pretty sure the invasion of Normandy was easier...) I know though that I'm onto something wonderful for my health and well being.

My goal:
Green Lemonade 1st thing in AM. (See below for recipe) (obviously I need my juicer first)
Breakfast: Fruit
Lunch: Salad/sandwich or something equally light/easy to digest
Dinner: Open (at this point)

*fingers crossed* (mostly because I'm prone to extreme laziness)

Green Lemonade Recipe
(as it appears in The Raw Food Detox Diet book)
1 head romaine lettuce or celery
5 to 6 stalks of kale (any type)
1 to
2 apples (as needed for sweetness)
1 whole lemon (organic is best so you don't have to peel it)
1 to 2 inches fresh ginger (optional)

Wish me luck.

No comments: