Monday, May 11, 2009

The juice, it is green!

My juicer arrived Friday.
I was so giddy with excitement that I made Husband text me a picture of it.
Saturday morning I was awake and out of bed by 7:30. I finally managed to get Husband out of bed and us to the farmer's market by about 8:15ish... There I purchased massive amounts of romaine lettuce, kale and green onion (no, the onions weren't for the lemonade... I just can't resist the smell of green onions). After a short trip by Whole Foods to get my apples and lemons we were home and washing/peeling all the food for the juicer.
005
Part of my farmer's market buy freshly washed and ready to juice. We doubled the ingredients to make enough for both of us so we have 2 heads of romaine lettuce and approximately 10 stalks of kale.
010
My apples and lemon, 2 of each. We peeled the lemons just to be safe and sliced the apples just to avoid any seed mishaps. Better safe then sorry with my nice new juicer.
009
Husband took over. I think he was far more fascinated with my juicer then me!
012
All of my pulp, which goes directly into my flower beds because it's an excellent fertilizer.
014
The finished product!

Husband loves the green lemonade. He even made me get of bed this morning to make him some before work. There's also a very good chance he'll drag me out again tomorrow morning. I won't complain too much though because I'm so happy he likes it.

It's yummy, it's way nutritious, and it's green. I'm not sure where you can wrong with that...

Yes, I'm sticking close to my fruit breakfast but failing miserably on everything else. I'm sure it just takes time. Mostly though I blame the cows for making such yummy dairy products.

No comments: