Sunday, October 14, 2007

Anxiety

A blog in which I hope honesty is the best policy.

To say this past week has been rough would be perhaps the understatement of the year. My anxiety got the better of me. My emotional well-being has been like that of an earthquake and it's aftershocks. Monday was the day that sent me cowering into a corner of our bedroom crying my eyes out. The days since have been filled with smaller, less noticeable tremors. Mostly I feel sorry for Husband having to deal with it all.

I would say my anxiety started towards the end of my college career. Each passing year in which I feel like I'm not fulfilling my potential it seems to get worse. The pressure I feel is completely self generated. I am my own worst enemy. I grasp at small things in order to feel like I'm doing something, anything at all. It's not healthy and I'm aware of that.

I'm not looking for sympathy. I'm not looking for that maxim of "just get over it" either. I'm just hoping that perhaps by being brutally honest and laying my inner most thoughts bare I might find some peace with it.

1 comment:

LD said...

It seems sometimes life just has to suck for a while before it gets better.