Sunday, October 14, 2007

Knowing

scan0016
scan0016,
originally uploaded by Karen.H.
I'm sitting here cropping photos of Husband that the in-laws so graciously provided and I'm wondering.

I'm wondering about him.

Wondering about his life before I came along.

I realize now just how much I don't know about my partner.

I realize that there are things I'll never know.

Things I won't know even if we are lucky enough to grow old and wrinkly together.

I look at the photos of people and places I don't know and I wonder about him.

It's weird to acknowledge that he lived/existed for 21 years before I came into his life.

I know if I asked him he would tell me, in his way of telling. His matter-of-fact way of story telling.

You begin to think that you've heard all the stories before, and that just because you can finish each other sentences you know everything...

It's startling to discover that you don't...

1 comment:

LD said...

Sometimes the best stories never come from the person themselves. Gives you something to laugh at at family reunions.