Friday, November 2, 2007

Satan, thy form is cat

I met Satan today.
He is an evil hissing and spitting orange cat.

I was going about my business as usual this morning during my shift at the vet clinic.
That's when I met him.
He stares at me and starts growling.
I go to move him to another kennel while I clean his.
That's when he went psycho.
He latched onto my hand and started spinning around knocking all kinds of stuff off the shelves.
You would have thought I was trying to murder him the way he was carrying on.
I was bleeding pretty bad after finally getting him moved.
I bandage myself up, clean out his kennel and then it's time to move him back...

I think I'm being smart, I think I'll just throw a towel over him and he'll relax.
That's when all hell broke loose.
He starts hissing and screaming like angry pissed off cats will do.
I'm running around trying to corner him after he escapes the temporary kennel.
I finally get ahold of him, many scratches and swear words later, and that's when the rest of the staff comes running.
They said it sounded like a war zone back there.

My hand starts to swell and turn purple.
For the rest of my shift, everytime I pass his kennel I make sure to that little f-er exactly what I think of him.
How anyone could ever love that monster is really beyond me.
Cats are evil.
Pure evil.
They are Satan.

3 comments:

LD said...

and that never happens with dogs? I'm telling you - I'd be in there with a space suit trying to handle those beasts of burden!

ChandraJoy said...

I have experienced this type of cat before! The one that everyone dreads coming in. We had one that would be really sweet in his cage, but it would take at least two people and a huge blanket and cat everyone gloved with cat gloves. The little sucker could get you through the cat gloves. Sorry to take over, just wanted you to know I could relate, BUT I do have to say NOT ALL cats are satan! 3 out my 4 have never shown any signs of evil.

Anonymous said...

I want to laugh, but not at the expense of your scratched up hand. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I love both cats and dogs. I grew up with both, and now I have my cat Frankie who is 16 years old. She can be a psycho cat at times, but is also very sweet and loving, too. I hope you meet some sweet and loving cats at your job, to make up for the bad feelings this one crazy cat caused you.