Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Look both ways...

2007 didn't go out with a bang. I was in bed by 8:30 with a massive migraine. Husband came to bed about midnight, while fireworks went off we exchanged sleepy "happy new year"s, kissed and went back to snoozing. We are an exciting pair I tell you.

2007 had its up and downs I suppose. For your viewing pleasure I offer the highlights in bulleted format.
  • 2007 lead me through 3 different jobs and countless interviews that went nowhere.
  • Eventually though I finally can say I'm in a career I enjoy.
  • I discovered organic living and became a hippie I suppose.
  • Husband had a mini-health crisis.
  • I rediscovered Buddhism.
  • I gave up on scrap booking because of lack of time.
  • I found out that life without DVR service is nearly unbearable.
  • I got a Wii and realized just how out of shape I really am.
  • Husband and I debated the question of children... never really coming to a conclusion.
  • I think I developed adult ADD.
  • My dad gave me his Cannon EOS 1 35MM camera and I discovered that my dogs should be models. Or I should be a dog photographer... lol
  • I finally used my slow cooker, 2 years later... *cough*
  • I realized that I can no longer handle horror movies. Too bloody. Yuck.

In this new year there are few things I hope to accomplish. I won't call them resolutions because there's a sense of defeat in that term. These aren't things I *have* to change but rather things I would *like* to change. I'm not perfect, I realize that, but right now it's more important to love myself (as is). Red's blog a few days ago (letter to my body) made me realize something profound. Something intense and something very profound, it's personal though.

I hope above all us that this will be the year for profound change. I hope this year will provide positive outcomes instead of bitter disappointment. I hope this year will help both Husband and I bridge the gap from young adults to adults without much turbulence. I hope this year makes all of the previous years worthwhile. It's going to be good though. I can feel it. I'm staying positive Li. Promise.

No comments: