Monday, June 30, 2008

R.I.P. Customer Service

Customer service has died. I miss it. It seems like nowadays nothing works and nobody cares to do anything about it.

Husband is on his 3rd cell phone in 6 months. AT&T refuses to give him a different phone, they don't offer us any time w/o service credit nor would they waive the $15 express shipping fee so we had one cell phone for 3 days.

We are *always* having problems with our home phone line. (which is once again, AT&T) They've had to rerun the line once and they are always "having a problem in your area, it should be fixed in the next 36 hours"... If we weren't paying only $10 a month (we get a really discounted package) for our phone I would cancel the service. So f-ing unreliable.

My love affair with Barnes and Noble is starting to wear thin. You would think after all the books I've purchased with my membership that they would actually have personalized recommendations for me to browse. Amazon does and I've barely purchased from them. You would also think I'd be able to personalize the type of e-mails I want from them, but again it's the most limited service I've ever seen. Their website doesn't work half the time... You call their customer service line and that's a whole different nightmare.

We all know Yahoo is sinking... I've had to switch my entire e-mail service because their spam guards are out of control. They let 360 die. And even though I don't have to pay for my Flickr account I'm kinda mad at them too (since they are now part of Yahoo/AT&T they get to be included in this rant) I hate their organizing system. I deleted all my sets because I wanted to reorganize my files but with over 1,000 files this seems almost impossible given what tools they have available. I have half a mind to delete all my files and start from scratch but I'm not motivated enough. For now my account sits neglected and unorganized.

Best Buy sucks. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Their employees just don't care. I nicely asked a guy to help me find a game and he starts sighing and grumbling repeatedly asking me what the name was and eventually passed me off onto another guy. I get so angry everytime I go in there. You can never find anyone when you need them but if you're just browsing they are like vultures. I am more knowledgeable then their Geek Squad employees.

I don't enjoy eating out anymore. I can't remember the last time I went out and had really good service.

Maybe it's just me but I've always taken pride in my work (when I've been employeed anyway). I never liked to do anything half-assed. I always tried to be polite and helpful when dealing with the public even when they got nasty with me. But maybe my parents just raised me right.

No comments: