Saturday, August 9, 2008

Insomnia: version who knows what

I have insomnia, again. I was doing better for a while, sleeping through the night without waking up. Then I started waking up ridiculously early. Last Friday it was 5am, this Friday it was 4:30, this morning it was somewhere around 3am. The last few days though I feel like I haven't gotten any rest, at all. I'm painfully aware of everything, it's like my nerves are on edge. There's nothing particular I'm stressed about, consciously anyway. It's so frustrating. So here I sit, sipping some tea that's supposed to help make me drowsy. We shall see.

At first I thought this latest bit of my newly re-aquired insomnia had something to do with my latest book purchase. I finally came into possession of Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer. (This is where I would rant about how much I hate B&N and UPS but I'm just too stinking lazy) Her books always give me insomnia, I figure it has something to do with the fact that she makes me care so much about the characters in the book but who knows... In any event I adored this book as much as I adored the other books in the series. I just don't know that I can pin the insomnia down on that.

I'm sure there's something to do with work and my feelings of inadequacy or general stupidity making me prone to insomnia but I just don't want to go there.

I'm sure seeing the Primetime tribute to the late Randy Pausch made me somewhat on edge too though.

Oh well... maybe this tea will kick in soon enough and I can get some sleep tonight...

No comments: