Monday, November 10, 2008

Living, really living...

"Hell, I've always been old Ben. Ya' know what though, I don't mind. I mean if my muscles ache, it's because I've used 'em. It's hard for me to walk up them steps now, its 'cuz I walked up 'em every night to lay next to a man who loved me. I got a few wrinkles here and there, but I've layed under thousands of skies with sunny days. I look and feel this way, well cuz I drank and I smoked. I lived and I loved, danced, sang, sweat and screwed my way thorough a pretty damn good life if you ask me. Getting old ain't bad Ben. Getting old, that's earned."
Maggie McGlone - The Guardian
(Terrible movie but great quote)

Some days it's hard to look at the grey hairs and laugh lines and be thankful...
Some days it's hard to not complain when your joints hurt and you smell like Ben Gay.
Some days it doesn't matter how much or little you sleep... you're still tired.
Some days you look at all the vitamins/supplements lining your shelf and feel like gagging.
But I should be thankful...
Thankful that I'm free from cancer.
Thankful that I've spent the last 6 years with a wonderful man.
Thankful that I've seen and experienced everything I have.
Thankful I've had such wonderful people in my life, no matter the time.

Yup. No case of the Mondays here.

No comments: